We want to help you recycle as much of your waste as possible.
That’s why Derbyshire County Council provides nine household waste recycling centres across the county for residents to use and Derby City Council provides one at Raynesway in the city.
HW Martin Waste Ltd runs the sites for us through our waste contractor Resource Recovery Solutions (Derbyshire) Ltd.
We all want to make sure you get the best service. Our Charter explains what you can expect when you visit our recycling centres.
• Be polite, friendly and helpful
• Make sure our sites are clean and safe at all times
• Offer help and advice when you need it
• Make sure staff are easy to spot and carry identity badges
• Work efficiently to help you get away quickly and minimise queuing
• Welcome feedback about the service we provide
• Acknowledge any complaints, investigate them and provide a written response within 10 working days
• Treat our staff with respect
• Be patient and wait in turn during busy periods
• Ask staff for help if you need it
• Stick to the speed limit, vehicle lanes and parking bays
• Separate as much material as possible before you arrive and put it in the correct container when you arrive on site
• Ask to see the duty manager if you have any concerns or complaints
• Stay safe – wear sensible footwear, clothing and gloves, and take care when handling waste
• Help avoid trip hazards – please don’t leave waste on the floor